It is expected that proposals will be largely conceptual, but will include observations and suggestions for future ongoing quantitative and/or qualitative research that can be applied to the practice of family enterprise advising.
- Adaptivity: Responding to rates of changes, reconceptualizing partnerships, notions of productivity
- Collaboration: Creating flexible tools for collaboration, either in real-time or asynchronously
- Creativity: Developing technologies which gather and analyze data across devices and service disciplines, allowing us to be more expressive, reflective, and insightful
- Intelligence: Building and understanding systems that enable intelligent dialogues and conversations, taking culture, context, and personal, family and business goals into account
- The role of AI and robotics
- Increased competition for evolving leadership positions in family enterprises
- GIG economies – will freelancing become the norm?
- If education breaks out of traditional silos, what this might mean for family enterprise professionals and traditional research activities?
- Remote work will remain mainstream
- Generational divides: are younger generations more adept at working remotely, handling rates of changes, absorbing the implications of big data, etc., 0r as some recent research suggests, do younger generations have more problems in these areas than the generations that currently precede them?
During the review process, the intended outcome(s) and applied research aspects of each proposal will be given careful consideration, and proposals with the maximum likelihood to directly impact the field of advising and consulting will be given high priority. In same case, further elaboration may be requested.
- Proposal Deadline: September 15, 2020 (midnight EDT)
- Anticipated Full Proposal Notification Date: October 15, 2020
Anticipated Period of Performance: November 1, 2020 through August 15, 2021 (projects may be shorter but not longer than this time frame)
Grant funding distributed following execution of a fully signed Letter of Agreement.