Richard Beckhard Practice Award
The Richard Beckhard Practice Award was established to honor a founding member and distinguished practitioner in the family business field.
It recognizes outstanding contributions to the field of family business practice.
- nominees do not have to be members of FFI.
- nominees may not nominate themselves or the organization where they are employed or in which they have a business interest.
- the awards committee may directly solicit nominees for any award.
- nominators are responsible for securing the willingness of the nominee to be considered.
- candidates will remain on the committee’s active list for two years following the year of nomination.
Submission Deadline: The deadline for submissions for awards is April 15 of the award year.
Award Notification: Nominees will be notified of the decision in writing by August 15 of the submission year. Winners are expected to be present at the FFI annual conference.
Application Guidelines: The application should be submitted electronically as a PDF document to email@example.com. Any supporting material should be mailed to FFI Academic Awards Committee, Family Firm Institute, 200 Lincoln St., #201, Boston MA 02111 USA.
Application must include:
- Name of award for which individual is being nominated:
- Richard Beckhard Practice Award
- Barbara Hollander Award
- Interdisciplinary Award
- International Award
- Name and contact information of individual or organization being nominated.
- Background of nominee. Attach a one or two page rationale that includes the following:
- how this candidate fulfills the criteria for the award
- nominee’s history in field
- nominee’s contributions to the field
- nominee’s relevant publications
- nominee’s involvement with FFI (optional)
- nominee’s additional relevant accomplishments
- attachment of nominee’s CV/resume
- additional supporting materials of no more than 10 pages may be included. (These materials will not be returned unless requested and at the nominee’s expense.)
- two or three sentences that can be used in the program for the awards ceremony if your candidate receives this award
- Name and contact information of nominee.
Candidate is to be engaged primarily in the practice of advising and consulting with family businesses, and one or more of the following:
- significant contribution to the delivery of advising or consultancy services to family businesses as demonstrated by published and unpublished materials.
- excellence in delivery of a client intervention as demonstrated by a case study, video or other documentation.
- development of widely applicable and successfully tested consultancy or advisory tool or method used to assist family businesses.
- leadership within FFI in the promotion of responsible and excellent practice.
The Center of Entrepreneurial Families (CEFEM)
Marion McCollom Hampton
James Olan Hutcheson
Jane Hilburt-Davis and Jeffrey Rothstein (posthumously)
Michael G. Shulman
François M. de Visscher
Fredda Herz Brown
Stephen L. McClure
David E. Bork