FFI members come from a variety of professional backgrounds, including finance, law, behavioral science, and management science. They are professionals, researchers, educators and family enterprise owners. Members from around the world are actively involved in shaping the organization and the field.
Why Join FFI?
Professionals, educators, researchers, and family enterprise members join FFI to:
- Engage in a multidisciplinary approach to better their understanding and effectiveness when working with, in, or studying family enterprises
- Interact with and learn from leaders in the field
- Expand their network of resources by cultivating connections with members from many different fields (behavioral science, management science, finance and law)
- Differentiate themselves with unique professional education certificates and continued education
- Understand the field of family enterprise from multicultural perspectives
- Find colleagues for research and publishing opportunities
- More than 1900 individual and organizational members in 92 countries.
- 80% of the members are family enterprise advisers and consultants, 18% are educators, researchers, and students, and 2% family enterprise members.
- Members’ practices range from niche-oriented sole practitioners to small boutique consulting firms to major professional companies worldwide. Members consult with families of wealth and family enterprises at all levels— from local entrepreneurs to international Fortune 500 companies.
- More than 100 academic institutions worldwide have created family enterprise research and/or educational centers or specialized family business-oriented curriculum. Educators, researchers and directors of these centers are active participants in FFI.
“As a learning and sharing organization, FFI is just extraordinary. You have to go to one of its meetings to understand the generosity with which the members share their experiences and perspectives. A beacon of best practice in terms of professional collaboration and interaction.”
ALEX SCOTT, CHAIRMAN OF SANDAIRE AND NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF HIS FAMILY’S HOLDING COMPANY
“Thirty years ago, there was absolutely nothing. Today FFI continues to provide a platform for academics and consultant, and families to some extent, to meet and exchange knowledge, techniques, and experiences. FFI has a role to play in helping everyone in the field address the challenge of change.”