Virtual Study Group: Global 9
The FFI Virtual Study Group: Global 9 is an online forum to educate, connect and inspire the next generation of practitioners in the field of family enterprise. This is a multidisciplinary study group designed for advisors and consultants who have been practicing in the field for more than 6 years.
The Group seeks a multidisciplinary composition to broaden and enrich the learning experience of its members. A geographic mix is also a priority.
About the Group
The primary purposes of the Group are to:
- Build a strong foundation of ‘next generation’ family enterprise advisors and consultants.
- Build relationships among peers who face similar challenges and opportunities.
- Provide multidisciplinary learning opportunities through the use of case discussions, guest speakers, presentations and open dialog among members.
- Nurture and inspire the next generation of potential leaders within FFI.
- Leverage the insight and perspectives of experienced practitioners in the field through guest speakers and the Group Mentor.
Group meetings are held quarterly. These meetings are conducted entirely online via live video conferencing. The meetings are expected to last up to two hours. Study Group members will also have access to the private Group website which includes discussion forums, file sharing and member directory for use between virtual meetings.
The Group members are expected to observe to the FFI Professional Best Practices. Discussions held during Group meetings or on the group private discussion board are confidential and should not be shared outside of the Group.
The group is limited to 15 members. All Study Group members are required to be members of FFI in good standing.
Candidates interested in joining the Group must submit a professional profile to the Group chair with a brief statement of purpose indicating why they would like to join the Group, benefits that they anticipate receiving from the Group, and how they expect to contribute to the Group. This can be done online using the Join link below.
Group members are encouraged, although not required, to attend an FFI Regional Meeting or Annual Conference, and seek one of the certificates (Certificate in Family Business Advising or Certificate in Family Wealth Advising) offered by FFI Global Education Network.
This Study Group benefits from the experience of a Group Mentor. The Mentor is an experienced practitioner, FFI Fellow, and has been (or is currently) a member of the FFI Board of Directors. The Mentor participates in virtual study group meetings to provide insights based on their extensive background and history in both the field and the organization.
Click below to apply online:
Members Only Area
Click on the button below to access the Study Group private online forums. Please note: you must sign in to your FFI account to view the forums. Contact email@example.com if you need assistance with your user id or password.
Technical Requirements for Web Video Conferencing
As the Group is entirely virtual and meets live online via video conferencing, there are technical requirements to be observed. The software applications to access the virtual meetings are free to download, free to use and are available on nearly all computing devices including PC, Mac, and mobile devices. For questions about these technical requirements, contact the Group chair.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or plug-in
- Webcam or HD webcam – built-in or plug-in
Supported Operating Systems
- iOS5.0 or later
- Send and receive video using front or rear camera
- iPad 2, new iPad, iPhone 3 (no front facing camera) 4, 4S and iPod touch 4th Generation
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6/(Snow Leopard) or later
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista with SP1 or later, or Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Android (coming soon)
Supported Browsers for Web Start
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+, Opera12+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- iOS: Safari5+, Chrome
- Android (coming soon): Webkit (default), Chrome
- Any 1 Ghz single core processor or better