- Build a strong presence of the Asian advisors and consultants, academics and family enterprise members
- Provide multi-disciplinary learning opportunities through the use of case discussions, guest speakers, presentations and open dialog among members
- Nurture and inspire potential Asian leaders within FFI
- Leverage the insight and perspectives of experienced practitioners in the field, both from the West and the East
- Help promote the vision and missions of FFI, including the Global Education Network (GEN) program, in Asia
- Develop and retain people from Asia in the FFI organization
Visitors (up to ten allowed per session) may occasionally attend a meeting if they are considering joining the Group. Members will be made aware of any scheduled visitor prior to the meeting. Members who would like to invite a visitor must first receive approval from the Group chair. Non-members will enjoy a complimentary session for one session in a year, and may not visit more than once.
Each Group meeting agenda is distributed to Group members seven to ten days prior to the meeting by the meeting coordinator appointed by the Group chair. The Group chair is responsible for establishing study themes for the year, selecting meeting presenters, acting as host on the meetings and organizing the agenda of each meeting.
Candidates interested in joining the Group must submit a professional profile to the Group chair with a brief statement of purpose indicating why they would like to join the Group, benefits that they anticipate receiving from the Group, and how they expect to contribute to the Group.
Group members are encouraged, although not required, to attend FFI Global Conferences, and seek one of the GEN certificates.
Group chair(s) are chosen for a one-year period by the members of the Group. Effective rotation of the role is considered a good practice and the Group should gradually build in a mechanism for this.
It is expected that the Group chair(s) will attend the FFI Global Conference.
Paul Chung (Hong Kong)
Loh Keng-Fun (Singapore)
Esther Kong (Singapore)
Anurat Kongtoranin (Thailand)
Yirhan Sim (Indonesia)
Kazuyoshi Takei (Japan)
Mohar Yusof (Malaysia)
The Executive Committee consist of a minimum of five and no more than nine members, including the Group chair. The Committee helps design study themes and topics, invite guest speakers, and steer strategic planning of the Group. Diverse geographical representation and multidisciplinary involvement are important in considering the Committee membership.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or plug-in
- Webcam or HD webcam – built-in or plug-in
- iOS5.0 or later
- Send and receive video using front or rear camera
- iPad 2, new iPad, iPhone 3 (no front facing camera) 4, 4S and iPod touch 4th Generation
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6/(Snow Leopard) or later
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista with SP1 or later, or Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Android (coming soon)
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+, Opera12+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- iOS: Safari5+, Chrome
- Android (coming soon): Webkit (default), Chrome
- Any 1 Ghz single core processor or better