Wednesday, October 26
Two FFI Global Education Network (GEN) courses will be offered. These courses are open to anyone and are required for Advanced Certificates in Family Business Advising (ACFBA) and Family Wealth Advising (ACFWA).
GEN 503: The Professional’s Toolbox: The what, why and how of assessments in family business
This course provides:
• An overview of family business assessment tools
• Insights into what to look for and how to choose family business assessment tools
• Methods for identifying risks and benefits, challenges and opportunities for professionals using family business assessments
• "Hands on” exercises for using assessment tools and discussing them with business clients
Faculty: Andrew Hier, Cambridge Family Enterprise Group and Lloyd Steier, University of Alberta Business School
GEN 504: Philanthropy: More than money
This course addresses:
• Why philanthropy? Making the business case
• Global trends in philanthropic giving
• Understanding strategic philanthropy and advising clients on bringing rigour and relevance to their philanthropy
• Philanthropy and family business
Faculty: James Coutre, Fidelity Family Office Services and Maya Prabhu, Coutts & Co.