In 1992, to further enhance its multidisciplinary approach to professionals, FFI began to establish awards for professional achievement. Today there are four:The Richard Beckhard Practice Award,The Barbara Hollander Award,The Interdisciplinary Achievement Award,The International Award.
- nominees do not have to be members of FFI.
- nominees may not nominate themselves or the organization where they are employed or in which they have a business interest.
- the awards committee may directly solicit nominees for any award.
- nominators are responsible for securing the willingness of the nominee to be considered.
- candidates will remain on the committee's active list for two years following the year of nomination.
Submission Deadline: The deadline for submissions for awards is April 15 of the award year.
Award Notification: Nominees will be notified of the decision in writing by August 15 of the submission year. Winners are expected to be present at the FFI annual conference.
Application Guidelines: The application should be submitted electronically as a PDF document to [email protected]. Any supporting material should be mailed to FFI Academic Awards Committee, Family Firm Institute, 200 Lincoln St., #201, Boston MA 02111 USA.
Application must include:
1. Name of award for which individual is being nominated:
- Richard Beckhard Practice Award
- Barbara Hollander Award
- Interdisciplinary Award
- International Award
2. Name and contact information of individual or organization being nominated.
3. Background of nominee. Attach a one or two page rationale that includes the following:
- how this candidate fulfills the criteria for the award
- nominee's history in field
- nominee's contributions to the field
- nominee's relevant publications
- nominee's involvement with FFI (optional)
- nominee's additional relevant accomplishments
- attachment of nominee's CV/resume
- additional supporting materials of no more than 10 pages may be included. (These materials will not be returned unless requested and at the nominee's expense.)
- two or three sentences that can be used in the program for the awards ceremony if your candidate receives this award
4. Name and contact information of nominee.